System.IO.IsolatedStorage.IsolatedStorageException: [IsolatedStorage_Operation_ISFS]

Apr 16, 2013 at 7:35 PM
We have a SL5 app using the msaf and I see this error popping up a lot lately:

Stack trace: System.IO.IsolatedStorage.IsolatedStorageException: [IsolatedStorage_Operation_ISFS]
Arguments:
Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=106663&Version=5.0.20125.00&File=mscorlib.dll&Key=IsolatedStorage_Operation_ISFS
at System.IO.IsolatedStorage.IsolatedStorageFileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, IsolatedStorageFile isf)
at Microsoft.WebAnalytics.EventLog.WriteLog()
at Microsoft.WebAnalytics.EventLog.GetEvents()
at Microsoft.WebAnalytics.DataCollector.DispatchCachedEvents()
at Microsoft.WebAnalytics.DataCollector.NetworkChange_NetworkAddressChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Net.NetworkInformation.InternalNetworkChange.FireNetworkAddressChangedEvent(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at MS.Internal.JoltHelper.RaiseEvent(IntPtr target, UInt32 eventId, IntPtr coreEventArgs, UInt32 eventArgsTypeIndex)

From what I've read, it looks to be caused by the fact that the path (including filename) to the log file in isolated storage is too long. However, I didn't see a way to change this name (a peek in the sources reveals it to be "Microsoft.Silverlight.Analytics.Framework.WebAnalyticsData.txt"). Also, the EventLog class, when writing to this file, does no error handling whatsoever. So, in this case the error bubbles up to the app-level event handler.

Anyone else have this problem? Or any ideas for a workaround?

Thanks!