pressing back button does not close the dialog box wp7

Jan 30, 2012 at 12:34 AM

I have implemented the MSAF with google analytics and according to the documentation i have included this code snippet in App.xaml

with some modifications i.e google analytics id

<Application.ApplicationLifetimeObjects>
    <!-- The order of these services is important -->
    <shell:PhoneApplicationService/>
    <local:TestAppService/>
    <mwa:WebAnalyticsService>
      <mwa:WebAnalyticsService.Services>
        <ga:GoogleAnalytics WebPropertyId="UA-12345-1"/>
      </mwa:WebAnalyticsService.Services>
    </mwa:WebAnalyticsService>
  </Application.ApplicationLifetimeObjects>

The code is working great at debug mode but when i m testing with the marketplace test kit the test fails at the back button functionality.

For every page i get the error : pressing the back button does not close the dialog box

If i delete this code from App.xaml the it passes the marketplace test.But then i suppose i cannot have analytics.So what should i do? Any ideas ?

Thanx in advance

Apr 10, 2012 at 6:19 AM

After debugging the code of microsoft analytics framework for silverlight, I have found a issue in projectname- Microsoft.WebAnalytics.WP7, filename-WebAnalyticsService.cs. In this file they are opening a popup and not closing it in lifetime of the object. Because of this we are getting error "pressing the back button does not close the dialog box".

As I have tried, closing the pop-up works fine and doesn't show the error.

But I am not sure for what purpose they are opening the popup and not closing it. And whether closing the popup have dependencies on other projects or files. And where to close the popup in the file.

Jan 5 at 6:05 AM