Silverlight 4 tracking: unique users

Feb 2, 2011 at 12:27 PM

Im using the MS Analytics Framwork for silverlight 4 and it seems really interesting.

But I have a question. If I have the following code

<Grid x:Name="LayoutRoot" Background="White">
			<ga:GoogleAnalytics WebPropertyId="UA-xxxxxxx-1" Category="Livesenter"  SessionLength="1:0:0">
		<Button x:Name="button" Content="Button" HorizontalAlignment="Left" Margin="244,105,0,0" VerticalAlignment="Top" Width="75">
				<i:EventTrigger EventName="Click" SourceObject="{Binding ElementName=button, Mode=OneWay}">
					<mwab:TrackAction Category="Button Clicked" Value="25"/>

The visits are tracked but I dont get unique visits. So if I refresh 10 times I get 10 visits.

Does anyone now how I can do this?

Feb 2, 2011 at 2:48 PM

We identified a bug in the Google Analyics component and are working to create a new version with its fix in it.

Feb 2, 2011 at 3:15 PM
Edited Feb 2, 2011 at 3:45 PM
Thanks alot for the response.
Do you know when this will be out (weeks? Months?)
I really liked this project, but without unique visitor tracking I cant use it. I hope this is fixed soon as I guess more people need this to work :)
Feb 2, 2011 at 4:16 PM

Weeks - you can download the updated Google Analytics component from the source tree today.

Feb 3, 2011 at 7:28 AM
Edited Feb 3, 2011 at 8:04 AM

Thanks alot!!

Feb 4, 2011 at 10:29 AM

I get the code above working, but I cant seem to get it to work when I try to do this in codebehind. Meaning If I want to send a event, category, label and value in code.

I have seen the How To Track an Event from Code but here I could not set all this params.

Couldnt you add a codebehind demo in the samples section of the code? I guess Im not the only one wondering about this. I have also searched google without finding any info :(