Usage tracking through Urchin using MSAF

Jan 31, 2011 at 1:53 PM

Hi,

I want to make use of Urchin Analytics to track the usage of my WPF application. Mine is desktop application. I could see that there are number of Analytics services supported by framework. I don't see Urchin in there. DO i need to develop my own analytics service to send my usage data to Urchin?

Any insight will be helpful.

Thanks

Mangesh

Coordinator
Feb 1, 2011 at 6:12 AM

If Urchin has a public API, then you could create an analyics behavior to work with it.  Otherwise, please contact Urchin to request that they build a behavior for the Silverlight Analytics Framework and I can work with them on that.

Michael

Feb 1, 2011 at 6:31 AM

Hi,

I will explain in brief about my requirement. I have developed WPF application and I need to track some stuff like access to perticular view/web content or machine configuration(CPUInfo, RAM size etc.).

I would want to track events like clicking on a tab in Tab control. The application development is complete and it was developed without using Expression blend. I see MSAF as a framework which helps to track the events. What are the prerequisites to report via MSAF to Urchin?

Do we need to have support for Urchin Analytics service?

One more thing, Can I get a sample code which shows How can we use Google Analytics to track usage of a WPF application. Source code for Google Analytics service for WPF would also be helpful.

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks

Mangesh