Missing MSAF Sample project under Contoso.WebAnalytics solution

Sep 24, 2010 at 8:50 PM
Edited Sep 24, 2010 at 8:51 PM

Go under Start ->Microsoft Silverlight Analytics Framework->Samples->Windows Phone List Application

Unzip the file and open in VS2010.

Cannot compile since the following project is missing:

Microsoft.WebAnalytics.4

Coordinator
Sep 24, 2010 at 9:32 PM

Remove the reference in the project settings and then add it again from the Add references dialog.

Sep 24, 2010 at 10:32 PM

The Microsoft.WebAnalytics.4 project doesn't even exist in the zip. Where do I search it from ?

Coordinator
Sep 25, 2010 at 4:39 PM

It is installed in a folder registered for Visual Studio.  Use the Add References dialog and the .NET tab - you should find it there.

Sep 27, 2010 at 2:15 PM
Edited Sep 27, 2010 at 2:15 PM

I'm sorry but the Add Reference dialog does not have a .NET tab. It says 'Filtered for Siliverlight 4' in the dialog and shows a filtered list of assemblies with the Assemblies/Framework tree on the left. The list does not contain Microsoft.WebAnalytics.4.dll.

Since the dialog has a 'Browse' option, I searched through C:\Program Files\Visual Studio, Visual Studio 9.0, Visual Studio 10.0 for "Microsoft.WebAnalytics.4" and could not find it. So where exactly is this 'folder registered for Visual Studio' ?

Please advise.

Coordinator
Sep 27, 2010 at 2:46 PM

If you have installed Silverlight in the default directory the Silverlight assemblies should be in either

64-bit OS: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Microsoft Silverlight Analytics Framework.4\SL4

or

32-bit OS: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Microsoft Silverlight Analytics Framework.4\SL4

If it installed correctly, in the .NET Tab (Filtered for Silverlight), sort by component name and you should find Microsoft.WebAnalytics - that is the assembly that you want to use.

Michael

Sep 28, 2010 at 3:34 PM
Edited Sep 28, 2010 at 3:35 PM

Thanks. The solution builds now.

I got the C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Microsoft Silverlight Analytics Framework.4\SL4\Microsoft.WebAnalytics.dll referred in the Contoso.WebAnalytics project and it worked.

Make sure you don't refer to the dll that comes with Blend since it is of a higher incompatible version.

Also, the Contoso.WebAnalytics.Test project has got reference issues - I removed each offending dll and added the correct version from:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Silverlight\v4.0\Toolkit\Apr10\Testing and

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Microsoft Silverlight Analytics Framework.4\SL4

The solution builds now (without the merge module)

Thanks for your help.