Sample service implmentation for Service Oriented Analysis

Apr 8, 2010 at 8:48 PM
Edited Apr 8, 2010 at 9:05 PM

Do you possible have any best practice or sample of Service Oriented Analytics service endpoint implementation? I see that you have DataContract, would you use WCF Rest or something else to create the wrapper for this endpoint service?

Alexander

Coordinator
Apr 8, 2010 at 9:57 PM

We are working on a sample implementation of a Service Oriented Analytics Endpoint.  The DataContract is used to serialize the AnalyticsEvent objects to isolated storage and it is also used in the Post method of the Service Oriented Analytics.

You could use WCF on your own server or even use Azure to host the service - there are a few companies doing that right now.

The actual implementation of the endpoint can be done with a variety of technologies - although cloud services like Azure seem to be the best choice for a public-facing site. 

Feb 7, 2011 at 2:45 PM
Edited Feb 7, 2011 at 3:35 PM

I'd be really interested in hearing whether anyone has successfully implemented a WCF REST POST SOA endpoint for this framework.  I've attempted to but am having problems with the deserialization of the Size struct in the AnalyticsEvent.  In Silverlight it lives in the System.Windows namespace but in full .Net it's in the System.Drawing namespace which I think is foxing the DataContract serializer.

If anyone has experienced this problem and has managed to get around it, it'd be great to hear from you.

Thanks

Martin