Events for Silverlight 4?

Coordinator
Mar 27, 2010 at 4:32 PM

What new events in Silverlight 4 should we track in the framework?

Apr 21, 2010 at 9:28 AM
Edited Apr 21, 2010 at 10:03 AM

Not sure if you mean here a generic approach or individual tracking details for each control such as ListBox, Grid, and so on.

Anyhow, I believe or at least in my case this would depend on one implementation to another. What would probably make sense here or make it easier is to ability to be able to add subcriptions for tracking in Silverlight by use of xaml or code in generic approach. When no target type or name defined then the tracking applies to any FrameworkElement raising the event.

below is just a sample to illustrate this generic concept rather than actual tought what it could look like in app.xaml

<wma:AnalyticsService>
<wma:WebAnalyticsService>
  <wma:TrackEvents>
    <Track event=”Loaded”/>       this would track all Loaded event in Silverlight 4 regardless of the control as long as its derived from FrameworkElement
    <Track event=”MouseEnter”/>  this would track all MouseEnter events in Silverlight 4 regardless of the control.
    <Track event=”Click” TargetName=”MyGridListing”/>     this would only be applied to MyGridListing Click events
    <Track event=”Click” TargetType=”ListBox”/>        this would only be applied to Click events which are derived from ListBox control. 
  </wma:TrackEvents>
</wma:WebAnalyticsService>
</wma:AnalyticsService>

Alexander

Coordinator
Apr 24, 2010 at 7:04 PM

The TrackForm and TrackFormElement architecture is similar to the model that you're showing.  I don't think we'd want to track all Loaded or MouseEnter events - way too much data and indiscriminate.

What I'm asking is, for example, handling the two new events in the Silverlight 4 WebBrowser control.