Getting Started - Simple Silverlight App with Analytics

Mar 22, 2010 at 8:10 PM

Hello,

I'm very excited to begin playing with this Framework, but I've run into a  few weird errors that I can't seem to get past. 

I'm basically dropping a button on the page and attempting to track the click event in the console.  Here are the steps I took to attempt this....what did I miss?

- Drop button on LayoutRoot

- Drop ConsoleAnalytics on LayoutRoot

- Drop TrackAction on button.  Set event and button name.  Insert category "Click" and Value "1".

- Run

In this example, I get the PARSER_BAD error on the line where I add the console analytics piece.  IIRC, this usually happens when you have a malformed XAML control markup.  However, if I replace my console analytics object with a google analytics object, and set the profile ID to one that I have registered on google, the event "fires" but when it fires, I get this (not specific to a line): 

Exception of type 'System.ExecutionEngineException' was thrown.

I haven't seen anything specific to MSAF with this exception, but it gets throw when the track action would take place...so I guess it's trying to talk to Google and failing. 

Here's my dev environment:

- VS 2008

- Silverlight 3

- Expression Blend 3

- .NET CF 3.5

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Kevin

Coordinator
Mar 22, 2010 at 8:50 PM

Very odd - I was able to compile and run your code as-is with no problems - and get IE8 console output.

Are you doing the steps above in Blend or Visual Studio?

Michael

Mar 22, 2010 at 8:54 PM
Could it be compatibility view?

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 3:54 PM, Kevin King <kevin5464@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm doing everything in Blend.

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 3:50 PM, mscherotter <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Very odd - I was able to compile and run your code as-is with no problems - and get IE8 console output.

Michael

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (msaf@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email msaf@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Mar 22, 2010 at 8:54 PM

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 3:50 PM, mscherotter <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Michael

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (msaf@discussions.codeplex.com)

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Mar 22, 2010 at 8:56 PM
Hah....

I switched over to Chrome, and ZING!

Could it be compatibility view?

Michael

Coordinator
Mar 22, 2010 at 9:55 PM

Which version of Chrome are you using?
Michael

Mar 22, 2010 at 9:58 PM
4.1.249.1036 (41514)

It works in my Chrome, just not IE....because I think I was in compatibility mode and it couldn't handle it.

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 4:55 PM, mscherotter <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Which version of Chrome are you using?
Michael